Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angels In Amplifiers - I'm Alright
Well here's my mix for this great song. Very well recorded. I'm mainly used to mixing hard rock/metal, so any comments or criticisms are welcome.

.mp3    Angels In Amplifiers - I\'m Alright NotJack Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.09 MB)

.mp3    Angels In Amplifiers - I\'m Alright NotJack Mix tweaked.mp3 --  (Download: 6.12 MB)

Hey NotJack,

Did you gate the snare? A few hits are missing I think.

Very good balance. Could be a bit brighter with less bottom end. Bass guitar a bit boomy at times. Overall very dry. If thats the sound you want good, if not maybe a bit of verb on guitar, vocals and the drums?

At times a bit heavy with the compression on the Acoustic.

That's all I have got to say.

Cheers,
LukasAngel
Thanks for the feedback Lukas! I did gate the snare, however I double checked and it didn't seem to be interfering with any of the hits. I did however manually cut a couple hits out, which were the ones right before the second guitar solo. I felt that it led to better buildup for the guitar solo to jump in, and helped to emphasize the "A little piece of you." I added them back in an updated mix for reference.

After double checking the mix on speakers that aren't headphones, I can definitely hear what your saying about the bottom end. Too boomy. Ive eq'd out some of the sub frequencies and tweaked it a bit. (I can definitely tell the difference with the headroom when mastering) I have a pretty hard time mixing low frequencies but I'll be investing in some decent monitors soon and hopefully that will help. I also added some reverb to the vocals (I didn't even realize I left them completely dry). I also upped the reverb on the snare and acoustic guitar solo, and tweaked the compression settings on the acoustic rhythmic track to make it pump less. I also eq'd the mix to have more presence overall. Hopefully I improved it. Thanks for the input. Smile
Jack Hutcheson - The Dark Triad EP
Spotify - AppleMusic  - YouTubeMusic

My Mixes
Hey there,

very nice tweaks. Bass is full and focused without being boomy. Vocal with just a touch of verb helps it to sound connected with the mix. Acoustic is still controlled but sounds more natural. Good job!

Cheers,
LukasAngel