Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions: 'Devil's Words' mixed by Fran
Hi guys,

I mixed this amazing song. It has been really fun mixing it.
I would loveif you gave me your opinions,feedback and some tips on improving it.
I used samples for kick and snare and I worked on automating the different tracks.
Thank you!

Fran

v2: low frequencies were way too loud, I also made the snare brighter
v3: I made vocals less harsh, added top end to the guitars and I had to control better the bass and low frecuencies
v4: change relative volume of guitar, bass and vox

.mp3    Actions-DevilsWords .mp3 --  (Download: 7.56 MB)

.mp3    Actions-DevilsWords v2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.42 MB)

.mp3    Actions-DevilsWordsV3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.42 MB)

.mp3    Actions-DevilsWordsV4.mp3 --  (Download: 7.42 MB)

Hey!
Your mix is very pleasant for the ears; I'm not getting fatigued, but what i feel is that it lacks a litte exitement.
I would try to raise the volume of guitars and maybe boost them around 2,3k hz. To me, that gives the mix some more energy.
I might be wrong but vocals seem pretty boosted around 3,7 k. It's a matter of taste but i'd cut some of those. Also the overall sound of vocals is a little bright, maybe put a high shelf to make it blend better with the mix? Might also want to boost some mids around 1k. You could also try adding some slap delay or reverb to make vocals blend better.
Bass seem a little muddy and inconsistent. There's some annoying frequencies sticking out sometimes 100-250 hz. Try to look for them with a narrow eq curve or use a multiband compressor.
Other than that, your mix sounds really good imo. Able to hear everything and overall sound fits the genre. Smile
(07-05-2018, 12:37 AM)Bangbang Wrote: Hey!
Your mix is very pleasant for the ears; I'm not getting fatigued, but what i feel is that it lacks a litte exitement.
I would try to raise the volume of guitars and maybe boost them around 2,3k hz. To me, that gives the mix some more energy.
I might be wrong but vocals seem pretty boosted around 3,7 k. It's a matter of taste but i'd cut some of those. Also the overall sound of vocals is a little bright, maybe put a high shelf to make it blend better with the mix? Might also want to boost some mids around 1k. You could also try adding some slap delay or reverb to make vocals blend better.
Bass seem a little muddy and inconsistent. There's some annoying frequencies sticking out sometimes 100-250 hz. Try to look for them with a narrow eq curve or use a multiband compressor.
Other than that, your mix sounds really good imo. Able to hear everything and overall sound fits the genre. Smile
Hi!
Thank you very much. This afternoon I'll do what you say. Listening now it's true guitars lack highmids and vocals are brighter that they should be.

What do you guys think?

What should I try to improve?

Thanks Smile