Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turkuaz: 'Tip Toe Through The Crypto'
My Mix

I think I might have crushed it too much trying to separate the hornsConfused

Comments Welcome!!

Cheers
KirkSmile

.mp3    Turkuaz-Tiptoe Through the crypto1.mp3 --  (Download: 10.76 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hi kirk ,
I Like your version ,It might be a little crushed and maybe a touch more dynamic and fuller .
Can hear some subtle ringing loose ringing on the kick at 121hz and 60 -62 hz ( and also on my mix I did a couple of years ago and due for a remix soon ) which are coincidently around an octave apart but nothing a narrow q parametric eq would take of !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(06-05-2018, 05:41 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi kirk ,
I Like your version ,It might be a little crushed and maybe a touch more dynamic and fuller .
Can hear some subtle ringing loose ringing on the kick at 121hz and 60 -62 hz ( and also on my mix I did a couple of years ago and due for a remix soon ) which are coincidently around an octave apart but nothing a narrow q parametric eq would take of !

Cheers Big Grin

Thanks so much Don..
I'm working on the next version now,,Ill check the EQ on the Kick and correct it. Also decompress and open it up a bit
Cheers
KirkSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hey KMuzic,

cool vibes!

For me the drums are a bit to snappy, for being placed that far back in the mix. I typically mix my stuff a little more open sounding (more high-end and cut low-mids) but I also like this version a lot. During some vocal passages you can really hear the compression kicking in. Maybe bring the vocals down a bit. Altough the Brass instruments are being featured here, I would like a little more compression on them as they seem to be uneven at times. (3:44)

And as you said, letting the mix breathe a bit would probably be a good idea.

Cheers,
LukasAngel

(I hope you'll check out my rework of this track aswell Wink )
(08-05-2018, 03:32 PM)LukasL Wrote: Hey KMuzic,

cool vibes!

For me the drums are a bit to snappy, for being placed that far back in the mix. I typically mix my stuff a little more open sounding (more high-end and cut low-mids) but I also like this version a lot. During some vocal passages you can really hear the compression kicking in. Maybe bring the vocals down a bit. Altough the Brass instruments are being featured here, I would like a little more compression on them as they seem to be uneven at times. (3:44)

And as you said, letting the mix breathe a bit would probably be a good idea.

Cheers,
LukasAngel

(I hope you'll check out my rework of this track aswell Wink )

Hey Lucas
Thanks for the comments ..Yeah it really needs to open up..lol...I was using a new compressor and got carried away..
Thanks

KirkSmile