Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Lingua Funqa: 'Just One Minute' kapu mix
Lovely strings and arrangement etc. Then I distort, smash and pump everything. ^_^

.m4a    lingua_funqa-__just_one_minute__kapu_mix.m4a --  (Download: 10.23 MB)

.m4a    lingua_funqa-___just_one_minute__kapu_mix2.m4a --  (Download: 10.38 MB)

.m4a    lingua_funqa___just_one_minute__kapu_alt_mix.m4a --  (Download: 10.27 MB)

(02-05-2018, 07:12 PM)kapu Wrote: Lovely strings and arrangement etc. Then I distort, smash and pump everything. ^_^

Sounds BIG .. Love the distorted vocal, kina cool
Nice Job Kapu!!

KirkSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(02-05-2018, 07:12 PM)kapu Wrote: Lovely strings and arrangement etc. Then I distort, smash and pump everything. ^_^

Nice Version Kapu I Like It A Lot ,It has your trademark Sound !
Nice One Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(03-05-2018, 01:46 AM)KMuzic Wrote: Sounds BIG .. [...]

Thanks! Already so much good sounding yet similar mixes, so tried to make use of the drum room and make it sound different. ^_^
(04-05-2018, 12:48 PM)thedon Wrote: Nice Version Kapu [...]

I'm particularly proud of dropping the bass in the second chorus. I admit taking more of a rock/disco approach than funk. ^_^
Definitely woken up the sub frequencies with this mix! Distorted vocal is pretty cool. Rock on, kapu Smile
(17-05-2018, 12:16 PM)mick2015 Wrote: Definitely woken up [...]

Thanks. I think a good mix is measurable by the Richter scale. ^_^
Love the vocal treatment!
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
(19-05-2018, 06:33 AM)Digitaldruglord Wrote: Love the vocal treatment!

Thanks for taking a listen! Listening now maybe I could have been more subtle with the lead vocal, but there's just something about distorting things. ^_^

As other mixers have said, the disto voice is a really nice idea, did you flange it too? The kick is hitting really hard like a dance record, reminds me the kind of things Jamiroquai will do. Oh yess you drop now the basss , niceeee. And now you let it build, that's what I am talking about, good stuff. I will suggest to check the last scratchy fx at the end its spiky and pops out too much. If you could also make the overheads a tiny bit less compressed and more hi-fi it will be nice because it will give more shine to the entire track and the OH will not pump. Good job kapu!!! Solid and kicking!!!