Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lingua Funqa_Just One Minute
Fun Funky song. There are a lot of parts but because of the arrangement nothing steps on each other. I used Slate Trigger to add some samples to the drums. One being a Simmons Drums snare in the choruses for fun since the song had a bit of a 70's vibe. Around 2:15 I subtly added in a backwards cymbal with a school bell sample that I took from the SchoolBoy Fascination track by Al James that's in the Cambridge multitrack library. Fun song to mix.

Version 2M-Vocal rides and some small level adjustments with subtle mastering EQ.

.mp3    Lingua Funga-Just One Minute-sp.mp3 --  (Download: 9.71 MB)

.mp3    V2M Lingua Funga-Just One Minute.mp3 --  (Download: 9.72 MB)

We're all just a bunch of freqs in this crazy world.
Uploaded a new version with a little more attention to the lead vocal and the drum samples.
(02-05-2018, 09:59 PM)Faders_up Wrote: Uploaded a new version with a little more attention to the lead vocal and the drum samples.

The small moves made a big difference. Sounds solid .. nice FX's too

KirkSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(03-05-2018, 01:55 AM)KMuzic Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 09:59 PM)Faders_up Wrote: Uploaded a new version with a little more attention to the lead vocal and the drum samples.

The small moves made a big difference. Sounds solid .. nice FX's too

KirkSmile

Thanks Kirk,
I'm a bit of a tweaker as I'm sure we all are. I hear a line or a track that jumps out and I'll have to go fix it or it bothers me.
Nice balanced mix ,I like the subtle ear candy effects !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

I Like v2 much clearer well done.
Thanks for the listen guys. Seems like everyone is having fun with this one