Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hammer Down Mix
Hi there!

I'm having an issue with the guitars disappearing in the chorus, but other than that, I feel like it's pretty rockin'.

Would love to hear what y'all think!

.mp3    Hammerdown Mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 11.5 MB)

Hey HO!!!

like you wrote your guitars disappear in the chorus,
I really like your snare but in comparison to your kick it feels to much in the back...
Also I think your HiHat is too loud
maybe you should check the 2-4k at your distorted vocals, refrain vocals and solo guitar there are some resonances left
the vocals in your refrain are too much compressed, at least in my opinion -> so the breaths of the singer are almost as loud as the rest of the voice

otherwise I think you did a good job here Smile

Your vocals are too loud and the rhythm guitars are too low. turn the guitars up, bring the vocals down and use the volume faders to adjust the balance of the kick, snare, bass, guitars and vocals in each part of the song to give each part the right feel. I´m pretty sure this is a static mix in terms of volume changes and you haven't used any kind of automation, right?

To be honest, automation is the whole magic. No other tricks, no fancy plugins, just making things loud when they need to be loud, and bring them down when they need to be quiet.

Other than that it's a nice static mix, but you need to breathe some life into it and fix some minor balancing issues.
Thanks for the feedback guys! Sorry for the late response, all my time's been taken up by moving and whatnot.

I've remixed the vocals, tweaked the drums and bass a bit, and am in the process of automating everything. I've also been messing around a bit with dynamic EQ and I've gotten good results.

I'm super excited to share the new mix with you guys when I'm done so watch this space!
- Kick has too much beater and not enough low end power
- Snare could use more high end
- Vox in first verse is too loud
- Bass is just a tad too loud
- Toms are quite a bit too loud. They pop out in an annoying way
- Guitar solo is really boxy and could use more mid-highs

Hope that helps!