Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions - Devil's Words (Brand New Eyes - Paramore reference)
Always love the punchiness of Paramore's Brand New Eyes album CLA mix so I thought I'd use it as a reference/inspiration.

Mixed ITB with some outboard compression and EQ!

This is a pretty cool band, would love to mix stuff like this all the time! Although, if I had the chance to produce this, I would have worked on getting some better takes out of the vocalist and been a bit more delicate with Melodyne! Feedback and comments always welcome!

.mp3    01 DevilsWords_Mix1.0.mp3 --  (Download: 7.47 MB)

I really dig all of the production choices that you made! The treatment of the guitars is pretty awesome. I like the reverse drums but personally I would bring them down in the mix a touch and treat it more like a background effect.

I love the sound of the kick, but I feel like its a little hot in the mix. I'm not sure how you treated the drums, but it sounds like the kick doesn't hit your drum bus (or parallel bus), and to me it kinda gives the drums an unglued sound. I guess what I'm trying to say is if the kick came down a hair, the drums might feel more cohesive.

It's easy to be picky about this or that, but this is a pretty great mix! Great Job! And thanks for the comments on my mix.
Thanks for listening!
Logic, Midas M32, KRK monitors, Beyerdynamic and Focal headphones
I Love your Mix ,love the effects and punch of the drums ,did you add samples ?
I Mixed this one a couple of years ago but need to have another go soon as listening doesn't sound very good !

Listening on Ns10's the kick beater and some hf of the vocals are jumping out just a touch around the 3.4 and 5 k area .

Here is a short eq version of your mix of what I'm Hearing taming the frequencies mentioned and your Mix sounds awesome to me ,of course it comes down to personal taste ,room and monitors !
Well Done !
Cheers Big Grin

Thumbnail(s)

.mp3    01 DevilsWords_Mix1.0gemini8eq.mp3 --  (Download: 1.82 MB)

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts