Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Lingua Funqa: 'Just One Minute'
(04-05-2018, 05:04 PM)axxessdenied Wrote: Mix 4 sounds very cool, Kirk.

I would turn down track 35_Synth and 36_Synth. I noticed those two really crushed my headroom when they came in. Turning them down a bit helped a lot. I noticed they are pretty up front in your mix when they hit.

Thanks Axxess

Ill try that when I remix
Cheers
KirkWink

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(04-05-2018, 02:19 PM)Monk Wrote:
(04-05-2018, 12:44 PM) Wrote:

I've excellent ears, according to my audiologist.
Good for you Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Mix 4

Balance is actually quite nice, though some of the bass drum parts might have a bit too much sub lows in them (like 40hz or so). Drums are IMO quite small for such "dancey" track. Especially snare feels kinda "out of place" compared to e.g. kick drum, bass part keeps the drive going though. Am not really fan of the vocal reverb, but in a interesting way it works with the small drums heh. You could try to spread out the background vocals for the chorus to make it bigger compared to verse. But yea, overall I'd say the mix works, though I think it could have a bit more energy for such groovy track.
(06-05-2018, 07:14 PM)Knz Wrote: Mix 4

Balance is actually quite nice, though some of the bass drum parts might have a bit too much sub lows in them (like 40hz or so). Drums are IMO quite small for such "dancey" track. Especially snare feels kinda "out of place" compared to e.g. kick drum, bass part keeps the drive going though. Am not really fan of the vocal reverb, but in a interesting way it works with the small drums heh. You could try to spread out the background vocals for the chorus to make it bigger compared to verse. But yea, overall I'd say the mix works, though I think it could have a bit more energy for such groovy track.

Thanks KNZ
I appreciate the comments .. some good Ideas Ill give a try on the next mix
Cheers
KirkSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Nice mix Kirk. For my taste I would add a little more bite and punch to the snare and/or some parallel compression on the kit and a little more sizzle on the vocal. Good work!
We're all just a bunch of freqs in this crazy world.
(06-05-2018, 09:15 PM)Faders_up Wrote: Nice mix Kirk. For my taste I would add a little more bite and punch to the snare and/or some parallel compression on the kit and a little more sizzle on the vocal. Good work!

Thanks Faders
I appreciate the comments
Cheers
KirkSmile
I'm digging Reaper Mix 1a....or mix 4....I'm cornfused. I agree with Faders Up on the snare. The provided snare sample might help with that.

Cheers!
(30-09-2018, 12:43 AM)TheNeverScene Wrote: I'm digging Reaper Mix 1a....or mix 4....I'm cornfused. I agree with Faders Up on the snare. The provided snare sample might help with that.

Cheers!

Hey Thanks TNS.. haha I'm confused most of the time.
Your right, next time Ill throw the sample in and see how it goes.
Thanks for checking it out

Cheers
KSmile