Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Library Preview Mix
Hi Monk,

(29-05-2018, 03:38 PM)Monk Wrote: Am I missing something?

Nope, I don't think so, and I'm flattered that you've taken so much effort to analyze this! Smile Not measured it myself in that way, but your findings don't surprise me, and in principle I agree with you. As with a lot of my mixes, though, I was chasing a specific set of references on behalf of the artist, and that was the sound that seemed to fit the bill -- or as close as I could get it by ear. Had I mixed it to my own taste I might have targeted it differently, but that wasn't the brief! There was actually a massive variation between the different references too (even though they were all Jamoriquai) so I'm not sure there's such a thing as a standard 'professional mastering curve' in this instance. Fundamentally, though, one man's meat is another's poison, which is no bad thing in a general sense I think, and one of the things I like about this forum is that we get to hear so many different perspectives on the same raw material. (Liked the creativity in your mixes, by the way, and the cool pumping effects!)

Cheers,

Mike S.
Hey Mike, on a total tangent from the matters at hand, is there a reason why Sound On Sound has stopped embedding the associated "Mix Rescue" sound files in the electronic app versions of their mag? I used to really enjoy listening to the examples in my headphones as I read the articles on my iPad. It was super convenient and interactive. It's just not the same having to fiddle with the whole download thing now just to listen to what the article is describing....
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(05-06-2018, 01:04 PM)fHumble fHingaz Wrote: Hey Mike, on a total tangent from the matters at hand, is there a reason why Sound On Sound has stopped embedding the associated "Mix Rescue" sound files in the electronic app versions of their mag?

No idea -- seems a shame if they have. I'll have a word with my editorial contact about it next time I get him on the phone...

Cheers,

Mike S.

(05-06-2018, 02:39 PM)Mike Senior Wrote:
(05-06-2018, 01:04 PM)fHumble fHingaz Wrote: Hey Mike, on a total tangent from the matters at hand, is there a reason why Sound On Sound has stopped embedding the associated "Mix Rescue" sound files in the electronic app versions of their mag?

No idea -- seems a shame if they have. I'll have a word with my editorial contact about it next time I get him on the phone...

Cheers,

Mike S.

Thanks Mike
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Awesome tune! The mix sounds awesome.

I'm trying as hard as I can to learn mixing. This forum is very helpful. pacollins and Kmuzic offered a helping hand and I really like the vibe on here.

Just had to say thanks,
Gamma Smile
(05-06-2018, 11:27 PM)gammasign Wrote: Awesome tune! The mix sounds awesome.

I'm trying as hard as I can to learn mixing. This forum is very helpful. pacollins and Kmuzic offered a helping hand and I really like the vibe on here.

Just had to say thanks,
Gamma Smile

No problem -- glad it's helpful!