Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bolz & Knecht: 'Summertime'
Here is Version 1
Spent about an hour so far !
used only SAX close mic 2 as the lead and far mic 1 for some ambiance in the side channels with a reaper Channel time delayer Left 11ms and right 7ms .
The lead sax used waves vocal Rider after taming some peaking transients instead of compression and used eq and multiband harmonic exciter to enhance the breath and clarity of the sax to taste !
Used Di Guitar for the centre channel for bottom end and percussion and acoustic guitar Closed and far Mic for some stereo width !
Tamed some peaking transients on all mics using TDR nova dynamic eq .
Omni verb on the master bus to give some ambiance to my taste .
All feedback for version 2 welcome !
Version 1 Eq pushed a little more on the master bus !
Cheers Big Grin

.mp3    Somertime Version 1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.35 MB)

.mp3    Somertime Version 1eq.mp3 --  (Download: 6.39 MB)

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Super Don!

You've put quite some thought into this to "engineer" your sound. Really like the impact of the percussive sound from the guitar and nice job controlling the sax. Great reverb choice also. I reckon you even push it a little more. I like that weighted delayed sound that seems to ground out the performance in a good way.Smile

Dave
(27-04-2018, 11:54 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Super Don!

You've put quite some thought into this to "engineer" your sound. Really like the impact of the percussive sound from the guitar and nice job controlling the sax. Great reverb choice also. I reckon you even push it a little more. I like that weighted delayed sound that seems to ground out the performance in a good way.Smile

Dave
Thanks for having a listen Dave ,you must have been reading my mind about pushing it more , Just uploaded another version after listening to the preview mix but I think I might have tamed the body of the sax too much compared to the preview mix !

Cheers Big Grin
Don

Hey Don

I really like the percussiveness of the acoustic, really cool. awesome tone and balance, sax sounds great.
Super Mix!!
I'm in the middle of mixing this, I'm gonna get back to it and steal some ideas from youAngel

Cheers!!
K
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(29-04-2018, 03:17 AM)KMuzic Wrote: Hey Don

I really like the percussiveness of the acoustic, really cool. awesome tone and balance, sax sounds great.
Super Mix!!
I'm in the middle of mixing this, I'm gonna get back to it and steal some ideas from youAngel

Cheers!!
K
Thanks for Having A Listen ,this forum is awesome for inspiring each other !
Cheers Big Grin