Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Actions! - Devil's Words
Fun Mix! I hope you enjoy it.

Leave me some notes so I can get better!!! Lol

.mp3    Actions! - Devil\'s Word v2.7.mp3 --  (Download: 3.79 MB)

Thanks for listening!
Logic, Midas M32, KRK monitors, Beyerdynamic and Focal headphones
Nice job phil

levels and balance are really good. sounds great The only thing that sticks out to me is the Bass and crunch rhythm guitar are having a bit of a frequency battle. Id try putting a bit of space between them by pulling down a notch around 225 on the master buss EQ, that should clean it up. Nice mix!! Toms sound awesome.

Cheers

KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Thanks! I agree that the bass and guitars are definitely stepping on each other. Will look into amending this soon.
I made some VERY small adjustments to get the guitars and bass out of each others way.

.mp3    Actions! - Devil\'s Word v2.8.mp3 --  (Download: 3.79 MB)

Thanks for listening!
Logic, Midas M32, KRK monitors, Beyerdynamic and Focal headphones
Very nicely done, cleaned it up nice, even the Toms are standing out much better. Great Job!!

Cheers

KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Sounds pretty solid, I would like to hear a bit more depth in the mix overall, personally I like the warmth in this mix! Personally, the bass is a little powerful for my taste, probably a buildup from 250-500, if you pulled some of it out, you could get a bit more power out of the guitars which already sound nice! Good Job!
(25-04-2018, 03:26 PM)PhilThePeel Wrote: Fun Mix! I hope you enjoy it.

Leave me some notes so I can get better!!! Lol

It's awesome! How did you get the drums so tight. The snare sounds awesome. For some reason my snare doesn't have much snares in it. I don't know if it is me or the mic that was used, or maybe it's the snare drum that was recorded. I'm considering drum replacement for the snare. Obviously we were supposed to take the kick trigger and replace with a kick of choice, but what to do with the snare? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Your mix rocks!

(02-06-2018, 10:09 PM)gammasign Wrote: It's awesome! How did you get the drums so tight. The snare sounds awesome. For some reason my snare doesn't have much snares in it. I don't know if it is me or the mic that was used, or maybe it's the snare drum that was recorded. I'm considering drum replacement for the snare. Obviously we were supposed to take the kick trigger and replace with a kick of choice, but what to do with the snare? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Your mix rocks!

Thanks, dude! The original snare was pretty awful, so I just made it sound as good as I could and then I doubled it twice. The first sample is just a good sounding snare drum and the second sample had a little room tail on it. I bussed them and compressed them together so that they sound nice and "glued."

Thanks for listening.
Very nice mix. A different take than mine but definetely great sounding. Personally I think there is too much high brightness on those frequencies but I suppose that's a taste thing. The vocal is missing a bit mids but sounds good overall well done.