Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justin Myles: Alone With You(NikolaMikovic )
First of all, the song is great!Big Grin
No mastering, just L2 at the end to bring up the level. I did not want to
destroy the dynamic that this song has with loudness ultra maximizing...
Please feel free to comment and suggest.Smile

.mp3    Justin Miles Alone with you NikolaMikovic.mp3 --  (Download: 17.32 MB)

My thoughts for what they are worth....
1. You are right, a great song, I have to go download these tracks and give it a go!
2. I enjoyed listening to your mix a lot. Nice work.
3. I would like the vocal to be a bit more intimate at times, and then swell into the bigger chorus parts. Perhaps through automation have more compression on the intimate parts to pull up the breathiness, then for the bigger parts, automate it back and bring in a touch more reverb (perhaps compress the verb using the vocal as a side chain so you get nice tails on the phrases but minimal muddiness in the middle of the phrase)
4. The percussion for the last minute or so sounds like you used a gated verb? You can hear the abrupt end to the verb tail on each hit. I like the verb, but let it die naturally instead of gated.

Again, just my thoughts. When I get my mix done, you can return the favor!

S.
(20-04-2018, 06:48 PM)sstange Wrote: My thoughts for what they are worth....
1. You are right, a great song, I have to go download these tracks and give it a go!
2. I enjoyed listening to your mix a lot. Nice work.
3. I would like the vocal to be a bit more intimate at times, and then swell into the bigger chorus parts. Perhaps through automation have more compression on the intimate parts to pull up the breathiness, then for the bigger parts, automate it back and bring in a touch more reverb (perhaps compress the verb using the vocal as a side chain so you get nice tails on the phrases but minimal muddiness in the middle of the phrase)
4. The percussion for the last minute or so sounds like you used a gated verb? You can hear the abrupt end to the verb tail on each hit. I like the verb, but let it die naturally instead of gated.

Again, just my thoughts. When I get my mix done, you can return the favor!

S.

Thanks for listening im glade you like it.Smile
With vocal i try get the same thing you suggested but obviously I did not succeed.
I wil put vocal more upfront during verse(if that's what you think with "intimate" )
On the snare/rimshoot, on purpose i use very short room reverb, that's why it sounds like there is a gate.
I will try to extend the decay to get more natural sounding tail.
Your thoughts are welcome.Smile
I would like to hear your point of view for this mix.