Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I'm alright [Mixed in headphones]
Hi guys,

I'd really love some deeback on this. I really enjoyed mixing it, and I think the result is pretty decent, but I cannot reference a lot, so please feel free to help and suggest Smile

Thanks a lot,
Mike

PS: This was the first time I didn't feel any need to compress neither the kick nor the snare, beacuse they sounded snappy and consistent just as they were... Let me know what you think about that!

.mp3    2018_04_16_I\'m alright.mp3 --  (Download: 7.01 MB)

You can definitely tell they have a solid and consistent drummer. The drums definitely cut well in your mix. Did you automate them at all?

One thing is I think the reverb on the vocals is to loud, and maybe add a bit of pre-delay if you havent. This is interesting because typically when mixing on headphones we tend to mix them to quiet, because FX are typically much easier to hear on cans (this is an issue I have because I mix on headphones too).
Hey, thank you for your feedback! Actually no, I didn't put any automation on drums, only standard eq, and I was onestly surprised that they sounded good. I bet they were recorded with compression already applied on the way in.

With the reverb, I'm re-checking it now and I agree it's a bit too loud!