Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm almost proud of this one! Give it a check, if you can! ;) [Mixed on headphones]
Hi guys,

I'm a complete amateur with mixing, I just do it in my spare time, but in the future I'd like to get to a point where I can start doing it for someone else.

This is the first time I'm being particularly satisfied with a mix. Of course, I've still got a long way to go, but I feel I'm slowly getting better... hopefully Big Grin

There's only few things that I'd like to point out.
- I tried to mix without snare and toms samples, just to challenge myself in doing it with what was there.
- As I said in the title, I mixed in headphones, so I haven't got a good representation of the super low and super high end. But I've also owned this headphones for years now, so I'm really familiar with how good music sounds on them, so I hope I'm not too much off road! Confused
- I know this is supposed to be a pop song, but I've never liked it when vocals stand out too much in a mix. I like to mix with the vocals "within" the mix, not "above". I'd really appreciate some feedback on that, because I couldn't get a good reference to understand if the vocal level is actually correct here.
- I thought I had a very original idea with the "telephone sound" of the vocal in the intro, just to find out that we all had the same idea ahahahahahahah Big Grin

I wait for your comments, bye bye!!
Mike

.mp3    2018_04_10_One minute smile.mp3 --  (Download: 6.39 MB)