Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Why Don't you Stay"
I used Tom Petty's "Here Come My Girl" as reference. It's mostly completed, just a few refinements here and there to be made, but I must wake in the morning. Please point out anything that's out of whack.

.mp3    RonnieJones_WhyDontYouStay_Mix1_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 10.59 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
A couple of things I noticed in the car this morning and confirmed here at home on the cans and monitors have been updated. The guitar solo tracks are brought up so as to not exceed the peaks of the lead vocal (solos RMS value is a tad louder and the peaks are a touch softer than the lead vocal). Background vocal 2 was washed out by the guitar solo on the right, so its been moved to the left, but just slightly. EQ tweaks were made on all the vocal tracks to get the sibilance better controlled.

.mp3    RonnieJones_WhyDontYouStay_Mix3_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 10.55 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.