Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ilmari Kontia: 'Funkkihillo'_mix Tommy Marcinek
AngelAngelAngel

This was not only fun but very challenging. The lack of drum tracks (only two mono tracks - a mono overhead and a mono kick) made this the most challenging since the other tracks were nicely recorded, I thought.

Tom

.mp3    Funkkihillo_4M.mp3 --  (Download: 7.52 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
love Your Mix Tom ,Sounds solid and cohesive ,I might steal your idea as my toms are missing in action and drums sound a little thin after listening to your mix but at least my kick beater is louder than yours lol .

Don

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(09-04-2018, 08:28 AM)thedon Wrote: love Your Mix Tom ,Sounds solid and cohesive ,I might steal your idea as my toms are missing in action and drums sound a little thin after listening to your mix but at least my kick beater is louder than yours lol .

Don

-------------------
Don, LOLOLOL....you're a riot. I meant to comment on your mix. Your mixes are always good bro. You are making a name for yourself on here with your mixes!!! Yeah you can steal my idea about the toms. The key when doing that is that any plugins you use have to minimize bleed and the cutting off of the toms due to the nature of copying just the tom hits, etc. Gating, reverb, eq, distortion, etc...all help achieve this. And it sounds pretty natural when you get it right. The toms came out pretty good and I'm happy with NOT having to sound-replace anymore....well, hardly ever!

Peace,

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Hi Tom

The main guitar tone is sooo solid .. vocals sound great, really enjoyable listen. sweet mix!

Cheers

KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.