Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Directions" Tom McKenzie
Here's my mix. Only during mastering of mix 1 did I hear clicks and pops from the acoustic guitar and bass tracks near the end of the song. Much grumbling! Mix 2 corrects the fades on those four tracks so they're gone.

.mp3    MR1304_TomMcKenzie_Mix2_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 6.38 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
Lovely Mix Dave sounds Great on my monitors .
Another One I'm due to have another try at.
One minor thing is can hear a resonance on the stick /rim at 1.2k maybe being exaggerated by the reverb ?
A little parametric seemed to tame it .

Cheers Big Grin

Thumbnail(s)

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(09-04-2018, 08:11 AM)thedon Wrote: Lovely Mix Dave sounds Great on my monitors .
Another One I'm due to have another try at.
One minor thing is can hear a resonance on the stick /rim at 1.2k maybe being exaggerated by the reverb ?
A little parametric seemed to tame it .

Cheers Big Grin

True on both counts, and the frequency was on the money. It's been updated at 1.2kHz and that left the 5.6kHz frequency poking up >5dB, so that's been corrected as well. Here's the re-bounce and master.

.mp3    MR1304_TomMcKenzie_Directions_Mix3_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 6.37 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.