Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Snowmine - Curfews
11-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Snowmine - Curfews
A new mix here.

I'm taking one step further and it's time to start mixing songs that are harder for me.

This one had a few guitars and synths so that was the hardest part I found here. I've also tried to give a new view to the mix that is slightly different to the other mixes I've heard of this song.

I'm sure that this time there will be lots of things to be fixed Confused, so please let me know!

.mp3   Snowmine - Curfews.mp3 --  (Download: 10.77 MB)

mixing since April 2013
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2013, 07:36 AM
RE: Snowmine - Curfews
Sounds nice !
The guitar that starts playing at 1.14 could come down a touch ,the shaker and tambourine could come down a touch !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

12-08-2013, 05:32 PM
I'm glad that it was only that!

For some reason, I've found out that the best way for me to find out my own volume level mistakes is by listening to the song in bed in the dark of the night.

Yesterday night, after I had posted the song, I listened to it once again and I decided that today I would change that... and now you come and tell me the same thing! So I'm happy to see that my ears are getting better at pointing out mistakes!!

Thanks once again, Don!!

.mp3   Snowmine - Curfews.mp3 --  (Download: 10.77 MB)

mixing since April 2013
12-08-2013, 06:37 PM
too many channels for me, so I have not paciencia.lol

me disperso mucho mucho y pierdo la atencion con tantos canales. jajajajaja

la mezcla esta buena, suena bien, pienso que tendrias que empezar a masterizar un poco los tracks antes de subirlos y darle ese touch final que les faltan a tus mezclas.

clean first, then mix .....
12-08-2013, 07:03 PM
I have a lot of patience my friend! Yes, there were a lot of tracks but the will of ending up with something that can be heard without hurting your ears is stronger than anything else!

About mastering, I'm leaving that for the future. I want to go little by little... in a few months, as soon as I start feeling comfortable with the mixing procedure, I'll start reading and experimenting is the difficult task of mastering a song. But you can be 100% sure that that is something I already have in mind :-)

gracias por escuchar mi mezcla!!

mixing since April 2013
09-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Fine mix Juan, especially considiring the age of it, Im sure you would do a killer job today.

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order

Support my video work!
Advertisement: