Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
"Summertime"
EQ and panning, sends to sax bus and a guitar bus, minimal compression only on the buses, mostly to reign in the guitar body taps and knocks, and a touch of reverb.

.mp3    BolzAndKnecht_Summertime_Mix1_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 5.77 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
Nice work Dave. Good tones and control. Great job with the sax. I reckon it could do with some introduced reverb tracks to help fill out a performance space and add some space between the performance and the listener.
An enjoyable listen regardless.Smile

Dave
(07-04-2018, 12:13 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Nice work Dave. Good tones and control. Great job with the sax. I reckon it could do with some introduced reverb tracks to help fill out a performance space and add some space between the performance and the listener.
An enjoyable listen regardless.Smile

Dave

Easily done, there's still plenty of headroom available. I pictured this duo in a small venue, at floor level with the audience of no more than a 100 or so.
Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
Let's move from the intimate indoors space and go outdoors, somewhere like Yosemite or the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. I also noticed a +5dB peak at 1.2kHz coming from the sax that's now under control.

.mp3    BolzAndKnecht_Mix2_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 5.84 MB)

Peace,
Dave
I like your mix very much. My personal taste is for the first one with less reverb--but both sound very nice. I especially like the way you got the percussive guitar sounds to sit down enough to let the strumming come through-I think the guitar on this song is actually deceptively tricky because of those two sets of sounds together.

Jesse
(18-04-2018, 08:16 AM)JBurch Wrote: I like your mix very much. My personal taste is for the first one with less reverb--but both sound very nice. I especially like the way you got the percussive guitar sounds to sit down enough to let the strumming come through-I think the guitar on this song is actually deceptively tricky because of those two sets of sounds together.

Jesse

Thanks very much, Jesse, I’m glad you liked it.
Peace,
Dave
Sounds great Dave ,Nice sounding reverb I like it a lot ,could be dialled back a touch it's a personal taste thing especially if listening on headphones and dead or live rooms !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hey Dave .. I like the indoors and the outdoors ..lol! Nice job on both, 2 different feelings.

Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.