Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My First Post Ever Mixed On Here (Final Cutt Audio)
This is my first mix on this website/forum! It is also one of my first ever mixes. I've done a lot of songwriting in a DAW but never really tested my mixing/mastering abilities until recently.

Please if there are any helpful critiqs out there, it would mean the world if I could get some . I know the snare still needs a bit of work, but I'm trying this mix out without using samples so challenge accepted!

Also wanted to mention I had a lot of fun mixing this song. The band is incredible! :D

.mp3    Mix #1- Revision 1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.27 MB)

Welcome to the CMT board, finalcut. At the start of the song, the background vocals are buried; bring them up or the guitars down, or maybe both. There's a nice delay on the lead vocals. The snare don't sound too bad, still a little of that 250-400Hz boxieness to control, and maybe enhance the snap up around 2kHz - 7.5kHz. Yeah, at 1:20ish, the guitars mask the backup vocals again. I look forward to hearing an alternative mix.
Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.