Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TE - Once More (With Feeling) - My Mix
Hey guys, I'm new to uploading on the site but have been mixing for about 2 years now and have been using content from the site for quite some time now (having been a music technology student). This is the first mix I'm uploading; great song, lovely harmonies. Let me know what you think. Constructive criticism is always helpful, thanks Smile Suraj

.mp3    Traffic Experiment - Once More (With Feeling) (Melodic Alt Rock) (Final Master).mp3 --  (Download: 15.11 MB)

Your mix sounds great! I don't think it can get any better.

Regards,
Steffen
(11-08-2013, 08:27 AM)stoman Wrote: Your mix sounds great! I don't think it can get any better.

Regards,
Steffen

Thanks a lot man, appreciate it Big Grin
I'm a complete newbie at all this stuff, and so I am taking note of various mixes I've heard from all different genres on this forum, and then using them as a sort of benchmark references for my own learning. This will most definitely be one of them if that's any compliment.Big Grin
Great sounding mix. The reverbs and delays you've used sound fantastic, really work well within this song.
Good mix man. I can only say that the kick is a bit loud or maybe too much 5k or something like that. It really stand out (not in a good way) when i listen to the song in the auratones. Maybe is the reverb on it as well?
Apart from that and more like personal taste, i think the delays on the main vox are a bit distracting at times, too loud i think.

Thanks for sharing, good job!
Great mix, nice and spacey. I've tried to mix it myself as well but not to the result of yours. Your mix of this song is my favourite out of all posted so far.
Well done.
(04-08-2014, 05:47 PM)Cefe Wrote: Good mix man. I can only say that the kick is a bit loud or maybe too much 5k or something like that. It really stand out (not in a good way) when i listen to the song in the auratones. Maybe is the reverb on it as well?
Apart from that and more like personal taste, i think the delays on the main vox are a bit distracting at times, too loud i think.

Thanks for sharing, good job!

Cheers for the feedback. Yeah I tried to get as good of a sound as I could from the kick (the recordings weren't the best Tongue ). I referenced the track as much as I could, but I guess it may not be perfect on all systems.
(06-08-2014, 01:10 AM)Juraj Wrote: Great mix, nice and spacey. I've tried to mix it myself as well but not to the result of yours. Your mix of this song is my favourite out of all posted so far.
Well done.

Cheers mate, yeah I tried getting a much more atmospheric and, well, huge sound to the song compared to the original mix. And I know what you mean; the recordings weren't the best so it took me a very long time to get a mix I was happy with. Thanks a lot Smile