Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young Griffo - Facade
The attached mix, my version 1.2, has gone through a few revisions based on helpful feedback from the Produce Like a Pro and Dueling Mixes communities. I really enjoyed mixing this song as I love the hard rock genre myself and got into mixing several months ago for my kids' hard rock band.

Many of the challenges in this mix, such as phase alignment, are constant challenges for their band so I've become familiar with the mechanics of it (thanks, Waves InPhase). Other challenges are also familiar territories, such as trying to get width when all you have is identical performances. I followed the lead of Mike Senior and copy and pasted guitar and vocal parts from across the song to build "real" vocal doubles / triples as well as true "double tracked" (two performances) guitars.

I would still like to control the open high hats a bit more (but without killing the snare sound) and maybe control the low mids a bit more, but I welcome any feedback! Thanks for sharing the tracks!

.mp3    Facade_v1.2_Explicit.mp3 --  (Download: 5.12 MB)

Hi,

That's a damned good mix there - possibly one of the best I've heard for this song. Tight, clear, punchy but not distorted or clipping. If your son's mixes sound as good I bet he is one happy musician!

Not much I could add that you haven't said yourself. The drums in particular sound great, really punchy kicks. The open high hats are a bit noisey, but you already knew that.
Thanks for listening and for the feedback, CJ!