Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James May_On The Line_mix Tommy Marcinek
AngelAngelAngel

James May's songs are just great. He has a great way in painting pictures in one's mind with his lyrics. And, the music is always great and this song is no exception.

I really enjoyed mixing this. I had posted a mix of this song in 2015, listened to it, and compared it to this current one (deleted it....yikes). WELL, one thing I learned is that my mixing has improved immeasurably and I thank James and so many other artists for uploading tracks for us to mix on this forum.

Spent a good deal of time on this mix and I think I got good results. As always, your feedback is welcomed.

Peace,

Tom

.mp3    On The Line_5M.mp3 --  (Download: 9.75 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Beautiful mix Tom I love it , (where is the kick beater lol) , on my monitors the vocals sound a touch full in the 300-400 hz area .

Here is a quick video of what I'm hearing which I will remove on a couple of day's .
wondering if it is my monitors or room !

Don

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(26-03-2018, 11:06 AM)thedon Wrote: Beautiful mix Tom I love it , (where is the kick beater lol) , on my monitors the vocals sound a touch full in the 300-400 hz area .

Here is a quick video of what I'm hearing which I will remove on a couple of day's .

https://youtu.be/y5bCmur8zpI

Don

======
Thanks Don.....I see where you are going with the video but to my ears, the automated eq where you have it set sounds natural but it does seem to thin things out a bit. I mean, you are taking down everything (the whole mix) in that range and I wanted to keep some of that meat in there, especially in his vocal because to me, his voice has a pleasant resonance in the low mids. Just my opinion. What you did does make it sound more polished though....very interesting indeed and thanks for taking the time to do this analysis. Would love to hear what others think about it. Oh, and there is the beater in there....I actually tamed it down a bit...was more pronounced on the mix right before that final one I posted. You know how I love the sound of the kick beater!!!!

Peace,
Tom
P.S. Don, did you do a mix on this song?? If so, put in the link since there are six pages on this one song. Thanks. Tom

(27-03-2018, 02:24 AM)tjmtruth Wrote:
(26-03-2018, 11:06 AM)thedon Wrote: Beautiful mix Tom I love it , (where is the kick beater lol) , on my monitors the vocals sound a touch full in the 300-400 hz area .

Don

======
Thanks Don.....I see where you are going with the video but to my ears, the automated eq where you have it set sounds natural but it does seem to thin things out a bit. I mean, you are taking down everything (the whole mix) in that range and I wanted to keep some of that meat in there, especially in his vocal because to me, his voice has a pleasant resonance in the low mids. Just my opinion. What you did does make it sound more polished though....very interesting indeed and thanks for taking the time to do this analysis. Would love to hear what others think about it. Oh, and there is the beater in there....I actually tamed it down a bit...was more pronounced on the mix right before that final one I posted. You know how I love the sound of the kick beater!!!!

Peace,
Tom
P.S. Don, did you do a mix on this song?? If so, put in the link since there are six pages on this one song. Thanks. Tom
Hey Tom ,
I had to find something to play around with as couldn't pick on the beater lol,
My mix is coming soon ,I thought I had done a mix of this great song a while ago but must have not posted it !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(28-03-2018, 08:04 AM)thedon Wrote:
(27-03-2018, 02:24 AM)tjmtruth Wrote:

Don

======

Peace,
Tom
Hey Tom ,
I had to find something to play around with as couldn't pick on the beater lol,
My mix is coming soon ,I thought I had done a mix of this great song a while ago but must have not posted it !

Cheers Big Grin

-----------
Cool Don, can't wait to hear your mix. You are mixes are becoming legendary on here I noticed. Great buddy. Tom.