Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you Say flyrecords mix
Hi all, again with a mixture of James May, if you say.
I welcome your comments and opinions on how to mix this music.

Greetings to all members of this forum.

From Argentina, Humbly

Sergio.

.mp3    IfYouSay.mp3 --  (Download: 6.47 MB)

Sometimes I think that if anyone says anything in the post mine, because I'm doing things right, or very wrong.
The frequency balance seem good, but your use of reverb/delay sounds strange to my ears. The instruments are far away and in a big room, but the vocal seems to be rather dry and does not belong to the band.

Also the accordion sounds rather thin IMO. Overall the volume levels need some taming here and there.

Just my opinion, of course, and I need sleep, so maybe I'm imagining things ...

Regards,
Steffen
LOL thanks !!!!
I like the balance and overall sound. Vocals sounds very good to me.

But I think there too much crispness in this mix. Maybe too much is happening above 10K, and that makes my ears tired quite quickly. You might give darker role to some instruments. THat could give more depth to this mix.

And you could check that the crispness of guitar and drums are not in the same frequency area. If for example you like the 4K of guitar, then make it sure that drums are not too dominantly there etc.

(20-08-2013, 11:55 AM)Olli H Wrote: I like the balance and overall sound. Vocals sounds very good to me.

But I think there too much crispness in this mix. Maybe too much is happening above 10K, and that makes my ears tired quite quickly. You might give darker role to some instruments. THat could give more depth to this mix.

And you could check that the crispness of guitar and drums are not in the same frequency area. If for example you like the 4K of guitar, then make it sure that drums are not too dominantly there etc.
Thanks for your advice, take this into account when balancing the eq, I served a lot to re-listen more attentively and you're right.

Thanks Olli H