Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Summerghost"
This was different, inasmuch as there were drum loop and a drum midi tracks to deal with. Logic has a bunch of good midi drums to try out, and I have a couple of NIs Abbey Road Drummers, which is what I ultimately chose to use. The various background vocals were another challenge, letting them all be heard and not wash each other out, so a lot of panning experimentation was done along those tracks. Does everything balance?

.mp3    Leaf_Summerghost_Mix3_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 8.29 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
More experimentation, remixed and mastered. Thoughts appreciated.

.mp3    Leaf_Summerghost_Mix7_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 7.18 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
(25-08-2018, 05:36 PM)davemcg61 Wrote: More experimentation, remixed and mastered. Thoughts appreciated.

Cool Mix Dave
I like what your going for. Vocal tone is really nice, maybe a tad loud.
What are you using for the drum samples? I don't use them much, but I should start. Need to learn how to route them in Cubase and Reaper. Good job on the drums.
Great job
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(27-08-2018, 05:24 AM)KMuzic Wrote:
(25-08-2018, 05:36 PM)davemcg61 Wrote: More experimentation, remixed and mastered. Thoughts appreciated.

Cool Mix Dave
I like what your going for. Vocal tone is really nice, maybe a tad loud.
What are you using for the drum samples? I don't use them much, but I should start. Need to learn how to route them in Cubase and Reaper. Good job on the drums.
Great job
KSmile

Drum samples are from NI Abbey Road Modern Drummer.
I try to keep the lead vocals and the drums near the same level - plus or minus a dB or less. This tune has 2 lead vocal sets and a bunch of important background vocals though, so frequency allocation had to be done just to allow the guitars to cut through now and again.
Peace,
Dave