Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Street Noise: 'Revelations'-Jacques mix
Hi!
Here my mix...thanks for listening and advice.
Sounds great ,the vocal could come up a touch Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

I feel overall this mix is little dark, you'd have no issues with adding couple of dBs high end to the master bus.

Also I think back in 70s engineers didn't use delay this way (only as certain special effects), but either put some big plate to it or simply left the instruments dry.

There seems to be a phase issue with snare; when this mix is mono'ed, the snare disappears completely. I'd suggest you investigate this. The answer might be as simple as flipping the polarity of the snare channel.

It also feels little silly when the solo guitar at 3 mins is panned totally to right side and is a lot more quieter than the center panned rhythm guitar. If you're working ITB, there's no excuse for not automating stuff.

Sorry if the critique is little harsh Smile I feel this kind of music is something where you simply fix any possible issues and then leave the music alone Smile
(10-08-2013, 01:23 PM)Spede Wrote: I feel overall this mix is little dark, you'd have no issues with adding couple of dBs high end to the master bus.

Also I think back in 70s engineers didn't use delay this way (only as certain special effects), but either put some big plate to it or simply left the instruments dry.

There seems to be a phase issue with snare; when this mix is mono'ed, the snare disappears completely. I'd suggest you investigate this. The answer might be as simple as flipping the polarity of the snare channel.

It also feels little silly when the solo guitar at 3 mins is panned totally to right side and is a lot more quieter than the center panned rhythm guitar. If you're working ITB, there's no excuse for not automating stuff.

Sorry if the critique is little harsh Smile I feel this kind of music is something where you simply fix any possible issues and then leave the music alone Smile
Hi!
Thanks for criticism is just like that that I can get better Smile
I don't think they didn't use delay and Anyway I want to make it sound a little bit modern (crunch the GTR and put delay) but keeping the character of the '70 with the sound picture and the mastering not so pushed.
Gonna work again and look for phase issue and try to let it sound less harsh...for the panning I like that because I get a wider image, and that's something that I like do in quite all my mixes...i like wideness but gonna make some fade move Wink Thanks again for suggestions all best
Hi!
Looked for phase issue and, I don't know why, my phase on cymbals were flipped Confused
I also put a little of Low pass on GTR and Hammond to have less harshness, I fade up a little bit vox, and also as suggested right GTR is fade up at 3 min.
Hope is better Smile All best

.mp3    Street Noise-Revelations r2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.58 MB)

The vocals are good! The mix feels a little narrow/thin and the delay on the guitar feels a little missplaced. I also miss some "meat" to the bottom as the bass is very undefined. Too much reverb/effects for my taste too Smile Keep up the good work!

/Jon
Sound of wool- The way you want it to sound
http://jon.rinneby.se
(13-08-2013, 09:55 AM)Sound of wool Wrote: The vocals are good! The mix feels a little narrow/thin and the delay on the guitar feels a little missplaced. I also miss some "meat" to the bottom as the bass is very undefined. Too much reverb/effects for my taste too Smile Keep up the good work!

/Jon

Thanks for advice gonna work more on it! Blessing