Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Araujo 'TheSagaOfHarrisonCrabfeathers'
Enjoyable but challenging! I'm still not completely happy with the overall cohesion and freeform. I haven't referenced this track to any material directly but did give some thought to SRV's Riviera Paradise while I was mixing. There was something that I found similar between these 2 songs.

Thanks for listening, feel free to comment. I'm sure there are plenty of issues within.Smile

Dave

Updated Mix#2 Slightly tweaked and refined.

.mp3    Araujo_TheSagaOfHarrisonCrabfeathers_Dangerous#1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.94 MB)

.mp3    Araujo_TheSagaOfHarrisonCrabfeathers_Dangerous#2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.9 MB)

Hi !
Yes, i like it. Its the only one her i like it (and my mix). Its a jazz-song.
The other mixes a too loud and has too much compression.
your mix, i listen the feeling for that song. maybe a little bit more Bassdrum ?

best regards
Timmy C
(20-03-2018, 12:26 PM)Timmy C Wrote: Hi !
Yes, i like it. Its the only one her i like it (and my mix). Its a jazz-song.
The other mixes a too loud and has too much compression.
your mix, i listen the feeling for that song. maybe a little bit more Bassdrum ?

best regards
Timmy C

Thanks Timmy C,

I still feel there's a stiffness or squareness that seems to be associated with the Kickdrum and bass guitar that I can't put my finger on. Somethings not quite right.

I'm pleased you liked the mix and appreciate you thoughts.Smile

Dave
sounds nice dave ..

I really like the bass tone, maybe playing with the eq a bit on the kick drum will round it out a bit, but on my headphones the kick sounds fine.
Nice mix!!

Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(21-03-2018, 01:41 PM)KMuzic Wrote: sounds nice dave ..

I really like the bass tone, maybe playing with the eq a bit on the kick drum will round it out a bit, but on my headphones the kick sounds fine.
Nice mix!!

Cheers
KSmile

Thanks K, Yeah, I think the problem I have is with the kick, possibly too heavy.
Hi Dave i have been on this one for a couple of weeks on and off now and you are right about the kick,i think it needs to be more "woollier",still yet its a very good mix.
(06-06-2018, 05:48 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Dave i have been on this one for a couple of weeks on and off now and you are right about the kick,i think it needs to be more "woollier",still yet its a very good mix.

Hi Cudjoe, Yes I think you're right. I need to revisit this one and try and sort it out. The kick as it is, bugs the hell out of me.

Thanks
A good mix this one mate Smile
(28-07-2021, 12:49 AM)crownoise Wrote: A good mix this one mate Smile
Thanks crownoise.  Appreciated.