Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Etc by Andrzej Pyrowicz
Hello all.
This is my first mix in this forum. Perhaps I have a different view of the punk sound, or maybe my experience is too small ... But I like this effect. I may have exaggerated with "space" because punk should be dry and clumsy, but I still like it.
I am very curious about what you think about it.
Critic is welcome Smile

PS. Is it normal that the built-in MP3 player hard cuts high tones? I just checked and loses the juiciness completely. After downloading to the disk, everything returns to normal.

.mp3    complainiac-master3.mp3 --  (Download: 2.48 MB)

And one more version.
This time ONLY with the use of EQ and compressor.
Mixed in quickly in 1 hour. I wonder which version is better.
The old proverb says that "the less is the better" and I will probably agree with it.
And which one is better for you?

.mp3    complainiac-master4-EQ-comp.mp3 --  (Download: 2.48 MB)

(20-03-2018, 09:08 PM)Andrzej Pyrowicz Wrote: And one more version.
This time ONLY with the use of EQ and compressor.
Mixed in quickly in 1 hour. I wonder which version is better.
The old proverb says that "the less is the better" and I will probably agree with it.
And which one is better for you?

I really like the second version. The fist version is also nice but... it sounds too much to be emulated. Is it an IR procedure which you use for it? Imo, both versions are nice and clean mixed foundation. But the second one sounds really natural in my ears.

g
wolke

Quote:I really like the second version. The fist version is also nice but... it sounds too much to be emulated. Is it an IR procedure which you use for it? Imo, both versions are nice and clean mixed foundation. But the second one sounds really natural in my ears.

g
wolke

hi,

thanks for the feedback message (I have the impression that people here are introverted and do not comment on almost anything ... this is only the second message to me over the last 8 months !!!).

It's nice that someone likes what I do - thanks for the positive feedback (for a novice sound engineer is a lot).
There is no IR in any of the above versions. Both are based only on the standard effects available in REAPER. In my other mixes you will find IR (e.g.: HollowGround: LeftBlind). The IR most frequently used by me is "Ampeg V4B Bass Amp" and "Diezel Andromeda 4x12". Sometimes (but rather rarely) I change the sound of kick and snare (see "JohnMcKay: DaisyDaisy").

Currently I'm trying not to combine with individual instruments too much and I focus on the sound of the whole song. And since I started mixing with the use of Pink Noise (a very useful technique for beginners like me), I do it three times faster than before (of course with a twice better end result). Mixing with Pink Noise is good to slightly correct at the end (especially to lower the cymbals) ...

If you are interested in the details of the techniques used by me, I will gladly share them (for this we are here)