Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'What Is This Thing Called Love'
Minimal processing done during the mix and mastering - gain was added to the bass (where it seemed to sound clearer with polarity shift) and kick-in, EQ on all tracks; bus compression only on the drum bus, not on the individual tracks, to preserve the drummers dynamics. A little compression on the bass (3:1) and piano (2:1) tracks. I added a bit of jazz club reverb at mastering. I hope this is enjoyable.

.mp3    JesperBuhlTrio_What_Is_This_Thing_Called_Love_Mix1_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 9.65 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
Nice Job Dave!

Definitely has a Big live feel .. I like the jazz club reverb on the master buss, gives it a wide feel, felt like i was sitting in the middle of it. Ill have to try a bit of that on my next go at this tune.
very cool

Cheers

KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.