Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Araujo: 'The Saga Of Harrison Crabfeathers' - Crownoise mix
Hey guys i went a bit nuts on this one, have no idea how this translate, i can't seem to mix on this headphones and get results so i sort of went the slammy way on everything and gave a vintage vibe, so don't bother the noise hehe Wink After all there will be crows somewhere.

.mp3    Jazzy quick.mp3 --  (Download: 7.94 MB)

Hi Crown

I didnt mind the noise and I Loved the creativity .lots of cool ideas. I could imagine Don Van Vliet (Captn. Beefheart) putting lyrics to this.. nice job!!

Cheers!!

KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hey Kmuzic, thanks alot! Smile
(10-03-2018, 05:50 PM)crownoise Wrote: .i can't seem to mix on this headphones and get results

3 is the mix frequency response, 4 is the frequency response of your headphones (or any headphones or poor critical listening environment that skews perspective), and 10 is the outcome.

This is one reason why referencing is a crippled pursuit (but let's keep that a secret between us).

So, how can we get to a place where we can trust our ears to tell our brain what is really happening when we dial in a parameter?

When you find the answer, would you be good enough to PM me?
"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.
(15-03-2018, 05:29 PM)Monk Wrote:
(10-03-2018, 05:50 PM)crownoise Wrote: .i can't seem to mix on this headphones and get results

3 is the mix frequency response, 4 is the frequency response of your headphones (or any headphones or poor critical listening environment that skews perspective), and 10 is the outcome.

This is one reason why referencing is a crippled pursuit (but let's keep that a secret between us).

So, how can we get to a place where we can trust our ears to tell our brain what is really happening when we dial in a parameter?

When you find the answer, would you be good enough to PM me?
Don't really know what you are saying here, but sure i'll PM you Big Grin.
I'll try and explain, while keeping it short and to the point.

Headphones create a totally disjointed perception to what we've been conditioned to as humans from birth. Reading up on Haas's work, and Fletcher-Mundson for example, will give some ideas as to how we perceive depth, localisation and loudness. Both ears are isolated in headphones of course, which complicates things greatly from a mixing perspective. What your headphones tell you, isn't what's happening in the DAW. For one thing, every pair has it's own sonic characteristics. These characteristics can be learned with time to some extent, but unless we have a reliable and meaningful reference to calibrate our hearing to, it becomes little more than a crapshoot.

Take a look at the attached file in this post which is for a pair of HD650's. It gives an idea of how they can affect perception of tone and general frequency response.

http://www.discussion.cambridge-mt.com/s...4#pid68874

Hope it's been able to help you, one way or another.

"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.
Yes i agree with that , but what you mean here is that you want to hear my opinion on how i believe my song translate, or why not tell me how you think my song translate, don't get your intentions.
(16-03-2018, 03:20 PM)crownoise Wrote: Yes i agree with that , but what you mean here is that you want to hear my opinion on how i believe my song translate, or why not tell me how you think my song translate, don't get your intentions.

Somehow we need to be able to hear and assess recordings and what is actually going on with the mix so we can choose and adjust the right parameters to achieve our vision. Otherwise, how can we mix effectively?

If our perception of what is happening in the mix is being misrepresented by headphones or a crappy listening environment, it makes the task of learning and moving forwards, fraught.

It can also impinge on abilities to give feedback. Is it the mix that's being heard and commented on, or rather how it's being shaped and manipulated by our specific listening environment?