Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Araujo: 'The Saga Of Harrison Crabfeathers'
My late night mix (Headphone Mix)

Comments always welcome!!

Cheers

KSmile

Version 2 .. Fixed the Plugin problem, Cleaned a few things up.

Cheers

K

.mp3    The Saga of Harrison Crabfeathers.mp3 --  (Download: 7.78 MB)

.mp3    The Saga of Harrison Crabfire2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.78 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
I really like the mix, it's nice and mellow. The only problem is intermittent hissing. Sounds like a plugin running in demo mode or something.
(10-03-2018, 07:28 PM)Judders Wrote: I really like the mix, it's nice and mellow. The only problem is intermittent hissing. Sounds like a plugin running in demo mode or something.

Hi Judders

Thanks Judders, you were right it was a plugin, but its not a demo plugin, for some reason my channel strip on the piano, sometimes it hisses and makes a rumble, sometimes not, Ill reinstall the plugin and try it again at a later time.. ..Thanks for spotting that.

Cheers

KSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
The noise ... oh dear ^^Big Grin
The compression pumps
(10-03-2018, 09:31 PM)viertoener Wrote: The noise ... oh dear ^^Big Grin
The compression pumps

ThanksTongue

Sounds great! The piano feels a bit too loud and wide compared to the rest of elements. But in overall very good work! ^_^
(11-03-2018, 01:08 AM)kapu Wrote: Sounds great! The piano feels a bit too loud and wide compared to the rest of elements. But in overall very good work! ^_^

Thanks for the comments Kapu,

Ill pull it back a bit in the next version.

Cheers

KSmile

Ask yourself if you can hear every bit of detail of every element in the mix at all times and at a low SPL.

The mix sounds one dimensional. Can you make it 3D by balancing the relationship between the instruments with early and late reflections? Panning the stereo piano tracks wide is unwise because of the lack of localisation and direction. Is the piano really THAT wide?

The Abbot wants more dynamics!

Take a listen to the timbre of the piano against the guitar. Is there an imbalance?

The bass guitar is missing something important.

This is a difficult mix to do because everything is exposed and in the open, so be positive.
"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.
(15-03-2018, 05:15 PM)Monk Wrote: Ask yourself if you can hear every bit of detail of every element in the mix at all times and at a low SPL.

The mix sounds one dimensional. Can you make it 3D by balancing the relationship between the instruments with early and late reflections? Panning the stereo piano tracks wide is unwise because of the lack of localisation and direction. Is the piano really THAT wide?

The Abbot wants more dynamics!

Take a listen to the timbre of the piano against the guitar. Is there an imbalance?

The bass guitar is missing something important.

This is a difficult mix to do because everything is exposed and in the open, so be positive.

Cool! When I hear your mix, Ill know exactly what the Abbot wants! Thanks for the listenBig Grin
The track mutes are cutting the ambiance/delays on the instruments prematurely in the supply and I keep hearing the consequences in the mix. It's unlikely I'll be mixing this one in the circumstances. I can't turn a deaf ear to it, unfortunately. So hopefully you will be able to navigate from the directions without me showing you at first hand. This wouldn't be any different to what you'd have to do if a band gave you instructions for a revision, for example.
"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.