Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ilmari Kontia: 'Funkkihillo' kapu mix
"Let's add one more guitar track." ^_^

.m4a    ilmari_kontia-__funkkihillo_kapu_mix.m4a --  (Download: 7.65 MB)

.m4a    ilmari_kontia-__funkkihillo__kapu_mix2.m4a --  (Download: 7.71 MB)

It seems to me that we chose opposite directions with this song.

Cool drums driven version. Hi-hat’s have quite strong role but it suits well the sound you’ve chosen. Did you add samples or did you manage to make that drum sound out of provided multitracks?

The effects in vox somehow take a focus away from singer, and makes this more band than a singer/songwriter. But actually it might be better this way. It’s beautiful the way it is now.
(18-03-2018, 01:24 PM)Olli H Wrote: It seems to me [...]

Thanks for feedback. Drums are heavily processed, but no samples. Added second version with some changes. ^_^
Nice solid Mix as usual like you use of effects and Drums with no samples !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(21-03-2018, 07:55 AM)thedon Wrote: Nice solid [...]

Thanks! Initially I too thought the drums would need some reproducing, but then I decided to try and make the most out of the mics. ^_^
Hi kapu!!! Great idea of doubling the rhythmic electric guitars. I like the spring verb you add to them too. I thing the ADT or doubling in the lead vocals is a little too much but if you were looking for a chorusing effect that's cool. I hear a little of low buildup before the solo. Those guitars and BGVs need some hi-passing. Nice taking the EGuit in the second section of the solo. Great creative decisions. I enjoyed those things that are creative and bold. Good job!
(23-03-2018, 04:41 PM)javierpg84 Wrote: Hi kapu!!! Great [...]

Thanks! Tried to be greative, which is a term I use for my averall greatness and creativity. I actually didn't add any reverb to guitars, just very much gombression so that the tails of burned in effects come out. The vocal effect is just a very intense slow mono chorus. Maybe it's too much, but I wasn't to keen on his voice, so had to do something. The BGVs definitely need some adjustments - I don't think I remembered they existed after initial settings, so probably just forgot to fit them in. Should have been more careful. Thanks for feedback. ^_^