Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revelation Voelund mix
had a go on this one, very much like bein 15 again and listnin to cassettedecks ...
I had fun makin it, maybe I went over the top with flanger and stuff ...
Love the noise and tape saturation :-)

.mp3    Reveation 01 lim.mp3 --  (Download: 6.28 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Sounds good. It also feels like you had fun with this.

Vocals are maybe slightly too burried. I have feeling that he's only a small singer among big guitar heros. You might try to create some space around singer by carving some mid frequencies from the guitar buss.

I first thought that the effects at the beginning were too much, but somehow I was disappointed that those effects didn't have role later in the song. Question: if you introduce such an effect at a beginning, should it be used later in the song? And the answer: I don't know…
Thank you for the listen and the comments. It often is hard to place vocals as you hear them a lot during mix and so get to know and know what to listen for. I will give it a go on guitar bus and make little hole around 1k.
For the effect, I tried it out in difrent places, but could only find use for it in the intro and outro. Maybe i should give the outro same treatment with reverb also so the circle is closed.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Nice sounding mix,fx sound good
Sounds great !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Very creative! Nice.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
(07-08-2013, 03:40 AM)takka360 Wrote: Nice sounding mix,fx sound good

Great !
(07-08-2013, 05:14 AM)thedon Wrote: Sounds great !

Appreciated !

(07-08-2013, 05:33 AM)bmullen Wrote: Very creative! Nice.

Thank you !
Sound good, the only think I don't like is the fade in on the beginning of the tune, and I feel left GTR i a little to loud and make the mix heavy left when it comes out (maybe put hammond hi hard right to compensate or just control it with fader automations) all best
Thank you for the suggestions. As I remember I balanced the 2 guitars guite a lot with automation, but if you hear the left too well I may have misjudged the relation between them. I may give it a go. Could you define if its the fade in itself you dont like or the curve(s) or somthin else ?