Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't put me on hold
As always, feedback is highly appreciated Smile

.mp3    Don\'t put me on hold.mp3 --  (Download: 7.74 MB)

Hello! Great mix! I really enjoy the treatment of the vocals.

-I feel that the kick is a little subby. Could be a little problematic in other listening situations such as a car or a system with a subwoofer.
-I like how all the vocals ride over the mix, but in my opinion, overall I want to hear a little less vocal and a little more melodic content
-The hard pan on the horns really helps them stick out, but the trombone sticks out a hair too much for my liking. I would try a softer pan to bring the horn section back together a little.
-This track really lends itself to the "high and dry" approach, but I find myself wanting a little more effect all around. Maybe some more verb on the vocals, drums, and horns. Possibly a slap delay on the vox, if you're feeling inspired.

I hope my comments help. Happy mixing.
(19-03-2018, 04:35 PM)PhilThePeel Wrote: Hello! Great mix! I really enjoy the treatment of the vocals.

-I feel that the kick is a little subby. Could be a little problematic in other listening situations such as a car or a system with a subwoofer.
-I like how all the vocals ride over the mix, but in my opinion, overall I want to hear a little less vocal and a little more melodic content
-The hard pan on the horns really helps them stick out, but the trombone sticks out a hair too much for my liking. I would try a softer pan to bring the horn section back together a little.
-This track really lends itself to the "high and dry" approach, but I find myself wanting a little more effect all around. Maybe some more verb on the vocals, drums, and horns. Possibly a slap delay on the vox, if you're feeling inspired.

I hope my comments help. Happy mixing.
Hey Phil, thanks for your feedback!
Really helpful comments, and I do agree with your opinion on them. I will definitely head back to the chalkboard for this one, especially with the kick and horns, since after listening to them on cheap headphones, the kick was nowhere to be found, and they horns can sometimes feel a little separated. Thanks again for your comments!