Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leftover Salmon "River's Risin"
WOW! What a smokin' hot track. I can't believe the lack of mixes presented here.

Another light mix, just dealing with the usual issues that arise with live recordings, mic spill, phasing and resonances etc. Drums was my biggest challenge, with excessive cymbal spill and open hihat spill into the snare mic. It become a compromise of sorts, sacrificing some good sonics in an effort in controlling these issues.

Anyways, a super track that was a blast to play with. I just wish I could play mandolin like that. As I said, smokin'.Big Grin

Thanks for listening.

Dave

.mp3    LeftoverSalmon_RiversRising_Dangerous#1.mp3 --  (Download: 16.55 MB)

Hey Dave

I agree Where are all the mix's on this smoking tune. I was looking for a song to mix and heard the preview and had to mix it. Just posted mine and saw yours. Nice job Dave, nice levels, moves along really good, I really enjoyed listening to it. I can tell you had fun with it, and I wish I could flat pick mandolin like that too, the banjo players not half bad either..lol

Cheers!!

KKSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(21-04-2018, 11:41 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Hey Dave

I agree Where are all the mix's on this smoking tune. I was looking for a song to mix and heard the preview and had to mix it. Just posted mine and saw yours. Nice job Dave, nice levels, moves along really good, I really enjoyed listening to it. I can tell you had fun with it, and I wish I could flat pick mandolin like that too, the banjo players not half bad either..lol

Cheers!!

KKSmile

Thank K,

Yeah, it's a pretty cool track. I'll be sure to check out your mix when I get a chance.

Thanks Big Grin