Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life on The 'Borderline' - Secretariat
After 10 hours at work, I needed something enjoyable to focus on. This took less than two hours from zip extraction to mix and master. Now I feel like I accomplished something today. I hope its enjoyable.

.mp3    Secretariat_Borderline_Mix1_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 9.49 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
Nice dave, it feels like the kick and the bass are competing a bit to me, also voice seems dry but thats probably because i overuse reverb all the time. Good Work
(10-05-2018, 09:24 AM)Spandexcore Wrote: Nice dave, it feels like the kick and the bass are competing a bit to me, also voice seems dry but thats probably because i overuse reverb all the time. Good Work

Thanks for the listen and comments. I'm reviewing what I did in the wee hours of the morning. The bass guitar had a 16dB cut at 66Hz, where the kick thump is, and the kick had a 6dB boost at the same frequency. (See image attached) Both have been modified - there's now a 20 dB cut on the bass and an 8dB boost on the kick. There's also a little 3dB bump on the drum bus. I lowered the bass fader another 1.5dB, and acoustic guitar 1 fader was lowered 1dB. Reverb on the guitars and vocals was bumped up a tiny bit as well. With these mods, I've bounced just the bass and drums, unmastered, and bounced and mastered the song as mix2.

Thumbnail(s)

.mp3    Secretariat_Borderline_bass&drums.mp3 --  (Download: 9.69 MB)

.mp3    Secretariat_Borderline_Mix2_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 9.47 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.