Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perpetual Escape - Stop And Rise
Hi all, it's been a while since I've posted, but I've been practicing when I have time.

Here's my first pass at this song. I went for a more classic guitar tone and overall balance. Is it too midrangy for these days? I'm still trying to find a way to work that acoustic guitar part in towards the end of the song, but I've messed with it so long I don't know if it sound good or stupid any more. I'm still deciding on snare drum treatment and whether I want to go with a bigger sound on the whole kit.

.mp3    Perpetual Escape - Stop And Rise V1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.19 MB)

.mp3    Perpetual Escape - Stop And Rise V2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.16 MB)

Nice solid mix overall balance Sounds great on my monitors and headphones ,The vocals sound a couple of db harsh around 3-5k listening on old ns 10's.
A touch more top end smack on the snare and kick beater 4-5k and up would sound great.
The bass and kick could come up more around 80-90 hz and some resonances reduced on second harmonics of the root note of The bass and kick around 160- 180 !
Just some thoughts while having a quick listen !
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks TheDon for your feedback. When I checked my mix after a day, I really noticed the harshness I hadn't before, so I toned down the upper end of the vocals and cymbals. I also dialed back some saturation I was using to glue the mix together and let the individual elements breathe a little more. I also found that the buildup in the 160 - 180 range snowballed from not high-passing the guitars enough. The lower mids are still a bit muddy. It's not perfect, but overall version 2 feels a little more natural to me.