Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revelations
Thanks for the listen and input.

.mp3    Revelations.mp3 --  (Download: 10.48 MB)

.mp3    Revelations Final.mp3 --  (Download: 10.48 MB)

To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Sounds good Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Your mix is very good but 2 things want my attention and distract me: I think the reverb especially on the left guitar sounds very unfamiliar to the style and sound, my old ears expect some long hall or plate, as I were about 13 when these tracks were recorded :-) The conga are fine level, I think they could do with a locut a little higher.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(06-08-2013, 01:23 PM)Voelund Wrote: Your mix is very good but 2 things want my attention and distract me: I think the reverb especially on the left guitar sounds very unfamiliar to the style and sound, my old ears expect some long hall or plate, as I were about 13 when these tracks were recorded :-) The conga are fine level, I think they could do with a locut a little higher.

Thanks for the tip. I am trying to achieve a 70's sound with this.
Here's the new one with the guitar effect change and some more extraneous bleed through clean up.

.mp3    Revelations 2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.48 MB)

Hi bmullen,

You've made a good mix. In my mind the organ is a little bit lost. Also I find there is too much of snare bottom and hi hat. The whole lacks brightness for me.
I find the overall sound is close to what you are looking for.

Regards.
Good clear mix. The left guitaris a tad loud, bringin that down a bit would balance things for me. Like the drums ! Bas could come up a tad too. Good work !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
I listened the final version.

Snare is a little bit boxy, but for some reason I don't think it's a problem. It may be better that way. The overall blend of instruments has a right kind of groove that I like.
Thanks for the input all. Here it is with a little more work on the overall balance.

.mp3    Revelations 3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.48 MB)

Sounds great, bass sounds better Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts