Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louis Cressy Band - Good Time [OctoOnFire]
Hi guys, here with another mix.

This one resisted a little bit... Took me about 10 hours and had to go back and forth a few times in order to get things "right".

I went for a funk-rock sound, clean and punchy, a little dirty, spacious.... something in the vibe of Living Colour or Screaming Headless Torsos' 'Code Red' (both used as reference).

Drums are kinda sloppy, but still needed to be prominent, keeping the song moving forward. I made the kick the least clicky possible while keeping the punch, trying to make it work with the bass instead. I left plenty of space cleaning up the low end of the guitars. The snare has plenty of space and distortion to be aggressive but not too tiring (that was the plan at least).

I ran into some problems with the voice. Whatever I did, it kinda sounded "fried" when pushed a little. I don't know if you guys have run into this kind of problem/know how to solve it. Probably it's interacting with the other stuff that lives in the mid range. Probably the raw files. Anyway.

So, I'm looking for feedback mostly for these things, the EQ and the voice. I think the dynamics and the balance are okay, but any comment would help a lot.

Cheers

.mp3    LouisCressyBand_GoodTime_oOf-001.mp3 --  (Download: 11.69 MB)

ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

firework! I listened very carefully to your mix. I will describe my thoughts on this mix, but you can not listen to my words, since you still will not get an objective opinion, everyone will not like something. I did not like the fact that many were used in the EQ mix, it's not natural, almost all the instruments sounded very cut somehow, I advise you to listen to the original, well, the sampling of the barrel sounds in tandem with the small drum sounds much better. At me the sensation that barrels and small from different sets rolls down or rolls down