Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devil's Words
My try at mixing this song. And now I'm going to listen to the podcast how it should be done!

Rob

Made some changes after the comment of Crownoise (post #2): turned off Cristalizer (Soundtoys) on drum bus and attenuated Radiator (Soundtoys) on overhead (those cymbals!).
Much better. Stil need some earprotection though. In my opinion that is the musical style that goes with the recording/performance.

Rob

.m4a    Actions, Devils Words.m4a --  (Download: 4.58 MB)

.m4a    Actions, Devils Words 2.m4a --  (Download: 4.59 MB)

Hey Rob! Whatsup with this mix, everything is veeery smeared, like 2000 delays everywhere?
(01-03-2018, 12:03 AM)crownoise Wrote: Hey Rob! Whatsup with this mix, everything is veeery smeared, like 2000 delays everywhere?

Hi Crownoise,

Maybe a bit to much: cristalizer (soundtoys) on the drumbus (snare, overhead and toms), TSE R47 on the pick guitar, reverb on the tambourine, short plate on the lead voice and xpanded ambiance on the bgv?
For me the mix sounds like the live performances of the juvenile rock bands in our village: to much screaming guitars, to heavy drumming, to much cymbals. Only to be listened to with earprotection and a pint of beer in your hand!

Thanks for the comment!
Rob
Why not keep it simple with eq instead of smearing everything, its totally slammed Tongue I mean yea we all love that "big" mastered sound but, its a matter of trying to nail the balance between those 2 elements to both keep definition and ambience. This is just way overdone in my opinion, its a better version of the first for sure but its far away from how the band thought it would sound like i think.