Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Doppler Shift - Atrophy
Hey guys, here's my first take on this song. Any feedback is really appreciated!

.mp3    atrophy_v1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.12 MB)

I like it!
The snare sounds really punchy, and the vocals sounds pretty good.

Overall I feel there is a lot of low end right now. And I think the vocals need some more saturation to bring them to the front.
The snare (with its all punchy glory) could be pulled back a little.
The kick could use a little more high end clickyness.
Also I ask everyone this but did you make your low end mono?
Also I think the guitars at 0:50 could be wider
The guitars in the chorus could also use more high end (this is personal preference tho Wink )

Overall it's a great mix Smile 3.5/5 stars!
(25-03-2018, 07:00 PM)lightshard Wrote: The snare sounds really punchy

A bit loud for my taste (though of course that's not an objective opinion). I felt that the snare stood out, but didn't sound like it was connected to the drum kit, or the other instruments. The mix needs a bit of "space" with reverb / delay to glue things together.

Quote:, and the vocals sounds pretty good.

Sorry, don't agree. They sound a bit dry and screechy in the chorus. Again, a bit of delay and reverb would help.

Quote:The guitars in the chorus could also use more high end (this is personal preference tho Wink )

Yeah they sound muffled.

I think this mix requires a bit more work. Don't mean to be harsh, just trying to be honest so you can improve.
Apart from the snare, everything sounds a little muffled..Some high pass filters on some of the instruments could help..
and some harder panning for separation maybe..
Hi,

The kick seems a bit too low and boomy to me, while bass is OK, and everything else is somewhat thin and shy.

Nice mix otherwise.