Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devilswords - New again, mix practise
Hey since i have my friends semi good headphones atm i am doing some mixing as always haha XD Does it sound good for you? I think i had 2 much highmid dist in the guitars and since these are quite dull it might translate brittle there? Tell me what you think Smile.

.mp3    loud.mp3 --  (Download: 7.52 MB)

Hi Crownoise,

I don't know much about high mids and that kind of stuff. I like your mix, but to me after the strum guitar intro it gets somewhat too nice, soft, kind, friendly, small ... That drummer wanted us to hear the cymbals and that's why he hit them hard (that's what i like to think). The pick guitar is very clean, almost like a DI-signal (i'm exaggerating, i know). I imagined myself in front of the stage, big loudspeakers left, big loudspeakers right, several guitar players who want to stand out, a singer who has to scream in the mic to get heard. Maybe you know what i mean.
I have to say that it is the same with the other mixes i listened to, so it must be me that is deviant! (Or maybe my ears just get too old.)

Rob

Hey Rob thanks for the input, ye i went fast and wanted that softer sound. Its a hard song to nail without triggers which i don't own so it takes alot time to eq the drums and therefore it lacked some stuf for that reason.