Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerve9_ Pray For The Rain
Okay!
Made a mix of this song that I think is a nice and cozy Power Ballad with a beautiful voice on the singer.
One big problem for me was that I had difficulty balancing the drums and getting that big power ballad sound so I've replaced everything except toms.
Otherwise, it's just mixed with Slate and Waves plugins.
And unfortunately I did not read about Mix Rescue before I went on mixing this song.

Forgive me Mike Senior.

Made tree new mixes

Mix No. 2: On this I have pushed up the guitar a little more
Mix No. 3: On this I have less reverb and delay

I hope you like it.

Patsculle Big Grin

Just creating and mixing for fun in
Studio 4 One

https://soundcloud.com/studio-4-one

.mp3    Nerve 9_Pray For The Rain (V2 More Guitar).mp3 --  (Download: 6.55 MB)

.mp3    Nerve 9_Pray For The Rain ( V3 Less Reverb,Delay).mp3 --  (Download: 6.55 MB)

.mp3    Nerve 9_Pray For The Rain ( Mixed By Patsculle ).mp3 --  (Download: 6.55 MB)

.mp3    Nerve9_Pray For The Rain (New mix drums).mp3 --  (Download: 6.55 MB)

.mp3    Nerve9_Pray For The Rain (Minor changes to this mix).mp3 --  (Download: 6.56 MB)

Hi Patsculle - thanks for mixing the track. Overall, good balance and sounds like a mix ! My comments are taste related, so please take with that grain of salt. There is a lot of chorus on the lead vocal. Consider dialing that back a bit, and perhaps using it more selectively to add interest/impact. More minor point, but there were a few vocal phrases though could benefit from a little automation to bring them out - they got a little buried. The samples sound a bit like samples (especially the kick) - perhaps consider a bit more of a blend with the live drums. They sound great in the mix, but they do sound a bit canned.
Thanks again !

Tom
Thank you Tom for listening to my mix.
I hear what you say and what you hear may be because I have a doubler on vocal.
Made a new mix where I use Toontrack Superior 3 and have new eq on guitar, and added a compressor to the end mix.

Hope this sounds better.
If not, please say maybe I can do it better.

Best regards
Patsculle