Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good time Voelund
Had a har time gettin it to actually sound as I heard it in my head. A lot o small tiny timin adjustments made the trick for me. The bass alone has some 20 edits and I shifted parts around, makin sense in my mind of the blues riff, originally only playd once. Couldnt find room or use for the rainstick ...

.mp3    Good time 03 b lim.mp3 --  (Download: 6.55 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
sounds great Good work with this track and edits !
The cymbal are a touch upfront which is one thing I had a lot of trouble with tooBig Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thx for the listen and pointin my attention to the cymbals. I take it you specially refer to the hihat ? It could come down a dB or 2 I can hear that today. He play it open a lot and that sound comes through really well ...
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Very nice work. Hats could perhaps do with a high frequency roll-off, but I like the overall sound.

I think I did a rough mix of this song too a while ago - not sure if I ever finished it.

Regards,
Steffen
Agree on the hat, Im not friends with that sound ! Glad your ears like it :-)
(06-08-2013, 12:09 PM)thedon Wrote: sounds great Good work with this track and edits !
The cymbal are a touch upfront which is one thing I had a lot of trouble with tooBig Grin !

I agree! Big Grin

(05-08-2013, 07:52 PM)Voelund Wrote: Had a har time gettin it to actually sound as I heard it in my head. A lot o small tiny timin adjustments made the trick for me. The bass alone has some 20 edits and I shifted parts around, makin sense in my mind of the blues riff, originally only playd once. Couldnt find room or use for the rainstick ...

I like the kick drum it's a bit tighter then mine. I panned the Rhythm guitar and funk guitar opposite to you but you really made that funky guitar stand out, nice. I would have liked to hear the rhythm guitar up a little bit more in the mix and the lead guitar came in a little loud for my taste.

Nice placement and very clear mix.

I've noticed that you also do more producing of the mix by adding or dropping parts in/out. I guess you just can't help yourself. I think it's great. Keep'em coming! Smile

Thanks for sharing,

TC