Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never Say Goodbye - Logic Audio Productions Mix
So this is the mix I did this past week (2-23-2018) I know this has been around a long time in fact I 1st mixed it in 2015. However I reviewed that mix I did and absolutely HATED IT! But in the last 3 years my skills, my equipment and the software technology has increased so so much that I could not resist trying this just one more time! I will say that the most challenging part of this track is the piano and strings. I automated these quite a bit. Mixed in reaper and 2 tracked in Harrison Mixbus 32C. I should also mention I have 30 years mixing experience both live and studio. Still I used my home in the box studio for all of this. While I do have an extensive collection of plugins I basically use Slate and Waves along with some basic Reaper plugins like filters and EQ in certain parts. I listened to many of these mixes here and many are really good! The most prominent problem I saw in them was AIR! Many lacked presence and while some may hate my mix, or dis-like the AIR / presence I gave it and maybe even the gain level I hope you guys like it. Like any engineer, your always learning and any comments would be appreciated. BTW this is an (ugg) MP3 192 sample - Rich

.mp3    Never Say Goodbye - JJ Cinnerman_session_2018-02-23.mp3 --  (Download: 7.67 MB)

--- Computer: Mini MAC (2012 late) i7 CPU 16GB RAM, DAW's: Reaper latest version 64 bit and Mastering in Harrison Mixbus 32C. Akai Pro EIE ADA interface. I use mostly Slate and Waves plugins. Acoustic treated studio home studio. http://richarddesanti7.wixsite.com/logic-audio/clients