Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wesley Morgan: Backroom In Tulsa
I like this song and its atmosphere.

.mp3    BkRoomInTulsa_Norm.mp3 --  (Download: 3.46 MB)

Ardour 5, Behringer X32 compact, Yamaha HS7
Hi LeonzioDaDecimo,

I'm a big fan of this song also.

I like your take on this track, great drum sound and overall flavour.
Although I like the drums, I think they could do with some extra automation, just to tame them down a little in parts, especially through the intro build. I'm also wondering if you need to perhaps mono up the bass frequencies just to ground them. I like the placement of the upright bass in the mix, but the lower notes seem to be wondering around a little, left and right across the floor. (listening with headphones).

Basically though, this was an enjoyable listen. Well Done.

Hi Dangerous,

I tried to understand your suggestions about drum and bass and I tried to listen them in the track.
The only thing annoying I've found was a long tail on the kick drum front channel. In this mix I've used the EQ to clean the two bass mics and to give them a sound that likes me, then I've placed the Di on the center and other two slightly out one in the right and other in the left.
But when I tried to modify the work I noticed that at the time of this mix I didn't yet understand the way my mixer save scenes, so I was not able to recover some setting in channels. So I built this mix from begin using knowledge that I didn't have some time ago (I am a newbie).

This is the result. Thank You.

.mp3    BkRoom2_Norm.mp3 --  (Download: 3.45 MB)

Another take.

Hi All, comments are always welcome.

.mp3    BkRoom3_Norm.mp3 --  (Download: 4.84 MB)