Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telefunken Java Jive Session Song 1
First attempt at this track.

The Doboro was taking over so I let it until the violin solo which has some screeches I wanna try take out.

Will try to get rid of the low end hum at the start on the bass tracks and tweak it by using automation on the next draft.

.mp3    Telefunken Java Jive Session Song 1 Master 29_09.mp3 --  (Download: 16.96 MB)

I really like this mix. It sounds really good on my setup, particularly the dobro. I think you really nailed that. If I was being picky, I would dry up the snare just a bit. The reverb is just a hair heavy on it.
Also, something happens at 1:33ish that may have been during the recording process. I haven't checked it yet. I was just listening to a couple examples before I dove into my own.
Overall, I'm liking this one. Good work!

-holster
[URL="http://www.absolutesoundandmusic.com"]Absolute Sound and Music[/URL]
Hey Holster

Many thanks for the kind words. Its hard to believe I mixed that song over a year ago. I think its down to great mics & mic'n techniques. I didnt have to do much. it was mixed ITB with Cubase and some waves plugins, I've since acquired a soundcraft ghost desk and will be mixing the tune again thru the desk for practice. Let me know when you have some mixes up, Id like to listen.

Thanks again

All the best