Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louis Cressy Band: 'Good Time'
My Mix

Fixed the bad bass note at 0.45 and dropped the correct E note in.

B3 came in late at 2.47 , cut it and pulled it over to match.

Had fun with this, a million different ways you could go with this mix and play with guitar sounds and levels. I kept it old school funk rock vibe for now.

Comments Welcome

Cheers

KSmile

.mp3    Lou Cressey-GoodTtime1d.mp3 --  (Download: 11.21 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hi K,

You are someone after my own heart!. Very nice mix, just the way I like it.

Listening with my monitors this morning, I think you could improve on the bass response. I think the bass is sounding a little humped around the 100hz mark. There is some resonance around the ~130hz and ~80hz area that I think you could tame. Could be porting resonances with your monitors and placement.
I have uploaded your mix with these frequencies attenuated somewhat (hope you don't mind). Not the ideal method of doing things, but just to demonstrate the difference. Obliviously, you would process this at track (kick and bass) for best results and cohesion without afecting the overall timbre of the music.

Great mix regardless.Big Grin

.mp3    GoodTime_KMusic.mp3 --  (Download: 11.25 MB)

Hey Dave

Thanks for taking the time to do that Dave, I really appreciate it. It gives me a better understanding hearing it corrected and being able to compare.
Ill take the bass and Kick tracks and re-eq . and of coarse when I do that I'm going to end up playing with the guitars some more and maybe dirty up that B3 some more .. lol.

Thanks again!!

Cheers

KSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(18-02-2018, 04:43 AM)KMuzic Wrote: Hey Dave

Thanks for taking the time to do that Dave, I really appreciate it. It gives me a better understanding hearing it corrected and being able to compare.
Ill take the bass and Kick tracks and re-eq . and of coarse when I do that I'm going to end up playing with the guitars some more and maybe dirty up that B3 some more .. lol.

Thanks again!!

Cheers

KSmile

I forgot to mention, it maybe worth sticking a sock in the ports of those Event monitors just whist your playing around with the bass balances. This is something I used to do when I was using ported monitors. A tip I read somewhere from Mike Senior. I reckon you would want to reference some commercial material at the same time as doing this, just for comparison, as the monitors bass response would feel somewhat lacking with the ports closed off.
thanks Dave

Good tip, never even thought of that with the reference monitors, but it makes sense as we used to budget tune Ported bass cabs in the old days with whatever was available.. socks, foam, paper towels etc,. Ill give it a try. Also better monitor placement and a good set of stands would help.

Thanks again

Cheers

KSmile