Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Long Wait: 'Lookout Mountain'
My Mix

Comments Welcome

Thanks

KSmile

.mp3    the long wait-lookout mntn1a.mp3 --  (Download: 12.18 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hey K,

great sounding, natural mix. Really like the natural sounding drums and acoustic guitars.

But I think the Bass takes up a lot of space and feels a little bloate,the Kick gets lost. Maybe pull back the bass a bit.
BG Vox feel more dominat the Lead Vocal, because they are pretty loud and have lots of high-end. The Lead Vocal would benefit from a bit more presence and compression.
The Autotune-warbles in the vocal are very distracting (for example: 3:41). Aren't there 2 LD VOX Takes in the multitracks? Maybe use the other one?

Overall this mix sounds nice but a little more high-end wouldn't hurt.

Cheers,
Lukas
(21-02-2018, 10:43 PM)LukasL Wrote: Hey K,

great sounding, natural mix. Really like the natural sounding drums and acoustic guitars.

But I think the Bass takes up a lot of space and feels a little bloate,the Kick gets lost. Maybe pull back the bass a bit.
BG Vox feel more dominat the Lead Vocal, because they are pretty loud and have lots of high-end. The Lead Vocal would benefit from a bit more presence and compression.
The Autotune-warbles in the vocal are very distracting (for example: 3:41). Aren't there 2 LD VOX Takes in the multitracks? Maybe use the other one?

Overall this mix sounds nice but a little more high-end wouldn't hurt.

Cheers,
Lukas

I agree,, nice spot on the autotune. Good Idea with replacing it with the other lead vocal, I think I pulled one out because they kept clashing, Ill definitely take your suggestions when I remix

Thanks for the feedback

Cheers!!

K

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.