Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Apprehended: 'Still Flyin''
Hi ! This is my fairly mediocre mix. To remove a rustle I removed many frequencies that made the sound of the snare very weird. The kick is covered by its own low frequences when there are fast shots. I was not able to correct these defects enough (I did not even waste too much time), but for the rest I wanted to know if it's a result near to decency or indecency. Thanks for any feedback! (sorry for my bad english)

.mp3    theappendinohh THE FINAL MIX .mp3 --  (Download: 7.62 MB)

Good mix man.

You could try replace those kick and snares with some samples to get a better result - I replaced them straight away because they are near unuseable. I think they were recorded with intention of replacing them later,

Really good job on the vocals - the harmonies sit really nicely.

The stand out for me is that I think it's maybe too much compression on the cymbals? Sounds like a wall of washyness in the chorus - maybe there's too much compression sitting on the cymbal and OH's. I personally don't put compression on either of those channels.

Other than that though. Nice mix dude. I like your idea for the intro too.
The first thing I noticed about this mix is that the cymbals are pretty harsh still. I also second the sample replacing!
You compressed way too much the mix. Start with a raw mix first. Leave compression at the end.